Your salespeople DO know what to do.
So WHY DON’T they do it?
- You’ve felt uncomfortable in a situation, and FROZE? You literally went blank and couldn’t think what to say? After this, you were amazed at yourself. Because you DID know the answer, but in the moment, you were blank!
- Or, have you felt intimidated by someone or something, and all you could hear inside your head “Get me out!” You wanted to run for hills!!
- Or, how about, when you were feeling unnerved and a bit frightened? You felt you were backed into a corner, so, you showed up for the fight? You became defensive and argumentative!
After any of these scenarios we normally scratch our heads and say, “I knew the answer so what on earth just happened there?”
- Sales people who cave into early discounting just to get out! (Then they tell you they lost the deal because the price was too high!!)
- Sales people who agree to prepare quote before even having the full picture. (The results are inaccurate sales pipeline predicts and a lot of wasted time)